Launcher Error

Report bugs or help with technical issues
CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Launcher Error

Post by CellNav »

Zaimat,

I've come across this error below after v339/340 (when that version came out, before your hotfix btw)... I can reproduce it every time, I'll explain ;

- My version of Horizon is through Steam, v340.
- When I click on the shortcut, the launcher window pops up (normal).
- When I click on PLAY, I will get the error below, however this error occurs only when I've played the game once before (same cpu session). In other words, when I start my cpu and hit PLAY, I don't have the error. When I exit horizon and then come back later and hit PLAY, it will give me the error.
- Now, in the error box, if I click 'continue' nothing happens. If I click 'quit', it closes the launcher window.
- The only way I can play the game from this point is to do one of the following ;

(1) Reboot CPU ... After it reboots, Steam will run through an 'update' and verify files. I can play after that.
(2) OR ... If I navigate to my 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Horizon' folder and double click the 'Launcher - Safemode', the game will start, no problem. Note, running the ' Launcher - Nobrowser' has no effect (I assumed so but mentioned this anyway).

Here's a screenshot of the error box, followed by the 'details' which I cut and pasted ;

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights,

FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean

bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,

FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at Launcher.LauncherForm.WriteLog(String msg)
at Launcher.LauncherForm.btnPlay_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Launcher
Assembly Version: 1.0.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Horizon/launcher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase:

file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Launcher Error

Post by Grogger »

Hi CellNav,

Could you please run the error report tool from the install folder immediately after this occurs? (It's important not to start the launcher again beforehand, because it will clear the logs. So you MUST run it form the steamapps/common/horizon folder)

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CellNav »

Grogger wrote:Hi CellNav,

Could you please run the error report tool from the install folder immediately after this occurs? (It's important not to start the launcher again beforehand, because it will clear the logs. So you MUST run it form the steamapps/common/horizon folder)

Hiya Grogger,

I just sent you guys the report as instructed. Let me know if I did it right (I think I did) --> Clicked PLAY, error window came up, with window still up I navigated to the folder and double-clicked the reporting tool and sent report.

Since I'm the only one getting this I know I have the option to verify the cache on Steam or reinstall the game but I'll wait for your word on that.

Thanks!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks! We are checking, can you confirm it's not flagged by your anti-virus program by any chance?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

I sent you a new launcher executable to your email (let me know if you didn't receive it)

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CellNav »

Zaimat wrote:Thanks! We are checking, can you confirm it's not flagged by your anti-virus program by any chance?
Nothing in my anti-virus indicated any blockage, using AVG.
Grogger wrote:I sent you a new launcher executable to your email (let me know if you didn't receive it)
Yes ... The new launcher works! ... I ran a few tests to try and duplicate my problem, you resolved the issue!
I'm going to archive the launcher (old and new) just in case something changes in the future.

Thanks for the fast and great support!