RESOLVED: Is there a something wrong with the enconomy now?

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

RESOLVED: Is there a something wrong with the enconomy now?

Post by Zalthun »

Before, I could spread out and make new colonies, and had to pick which ones to upgrade, but I understood things well enough. Now, I made one colony and right away I went negative money, as though suddenly there is a hole in my wallet.

It says I'm making 161 million a turn, but I keep losing around 3 billion every turn. Total income exceeds total expenses, but seems to have nothing to do with what it says I'm making. As I continue to press END TURN, debt spirals out of control at around 3bc per turn.

Of note, I colonized some Terran world near my start location, and have a BUNCH of selections I did not tell it to build (where as before I had to click build for 1bc for tier one of a thing). Oddly enough, it doesn't say 'building' but 'repairing'. Is this some kind of weird thing because the planet is an 'ancient world'. Is that why I'm bankrupt without any seeming cause?
Emperor PayPatine out!

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Is there a something wrong with the enconomy now?

Post by Zalthun »

Now confirmed. Net income exceeds net expenses by 500mil and I'm still losing money every turn. Is this my punishment for having a kitten avatar?! ;)
Emperor PayPatine out!

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Zalthun »

I did a little more poking at it, and what seems to be happening is that I'm being charged for upgrades I didn't sign off on, and it's all happening at once on that planet with the ancient civ. I end up, after several turns, with some upgrades worth 10k, which is strange. Again, it said 'repairing'.
Emperor PayPatine out!

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Zalthun »

Colonizing this odd terran planet also makes the Gold Deposits vanish! Waugh!

Is that normal?

Also, of note, as a military outpost with a cost of 1bc to upgrade to a colony, this wretched planet that looked so perfect cost me 1.75bc per turn in expenses. Goodness, why?!
Emperor PayPatine out!

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

The Planet of the Cursed Expenses (Economic Woes)

Post by Zalthun »

THIS THREAD PORTED FROM GAMEPLAY FORUM.

Before, I could spread out and make new colonies, and had to pick which ones to upgrade, but I understood things well enough. Now, I made one colony and right away I went negative money, as though suddenly there is a hole in my wallet.

It says I'm making 161 million a turn, but I keep losing around 3 billion every turn. Total income exceeds total expenses, but seems to have nothing to do with what it says I'm making. As I continue to press END TURN, debt spirals out of control at around 3bc per turn.

Of note, I colonized some Terran world near my start location, and have a BUNCH of selections I did not tell it to build (where as before I had to click build for 1bc for tier one of a thing). Oddly enough, it doesn't say 'building' but 'repairing'. Is this some kind of weird thing because the planet is an 'ancient world'. Is that why I'm bankrupt without any seeming cause?

Now confirmed. Net income exceeds net expenses by 500mil and I'm still losing money every turn. Is this my punishment for having a kitten avatar?! ;)

I did a little more poking at it, and what seems to be happening is that I'm being charged for upgrades I didn't sign off on, and it's all happening at once on that planet with the ancient civ. I end up, after several turns, with some upgrades worth 10k, which is strange. Again, it said 'repairing'.

Colonizing this odd terran planet also makes the Gold Deposits vanish! Waugh!

Is that normal?

Also, of note, as a military outpost with a cost of 1bc to upgrade to a colony, this wretched planet that looked so perfect cost me 1.75bc per turn in expenses. Goodness, why?!

Bug report made with the reporting tool!
Emperor PayPatine out!

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fairin »

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7664899072/h359310CB/

just for you zal =)

- i'll look into what you mentioned tonight, and get some saves to go with yours if you sent them in
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Zalthun »

Fairin wrote:https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7664899072/h359310CB/

just for you zal =)

- i'll look into what you mentioned tonight, and get some saves to go with yours if you sent them in

Ottertastic!
Emperor PayPatine out!

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: RESOLVED: Is there a something wrong with the enconomy n

Post by Zaimat »

This is resolved as of Alpha 3.38 "Repairs are no longer automatic."

In your scenario you found ancient cities in ruins and they needed repairs which can be costly. Thanks for reporting this! It was an important fix, also affected damage from bombardment.

You mentioned Gold Deposits dissapear.. I did not see this happen. It is displayed under Resources on the top left panel. Also if you right-click on the planet icon from planetView you can still see it. The bonus is applied to income once you colonize it. Will look into adding a tooltip to show the bonuses later on though.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

CellNav
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CellNav »

Zaimat wrote:
You mentioned Gold Deposits dissapear.. I did not see this happen. It is displayed under Resources on the top left panel. Also if you right-click on the planet icon from planetView you can still see it. The bonus is applied to income once you colonize it. Will look into adding a tooltip to show the bonuses later on though.
Zaimat,

Archaeology flags on the planet list (right hand side) disappear after we dig ... This makes returning to that system (to colonize) difficult since we have to click around to find that planet with the archaeology on it ... Could you keep the flag visible with a different style icon so we can still quickly see that the planet had a site that was already dug instead of removing the archaeology text? ... ie Ruins with a dig or dug symbol next to it.

Thanks
Don't let me wake up and catch you sleeping !!!

Zalthun
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Zalthun »

Zaimat wrote:This is resolved as of Alpha 3.38 "Repairs are no longer automatic."

In your scenario you found ancient cities in ruins and they needed repairs which can be costly. Thanks for reporting this! It was an important fix, also affected damage from bombardment.

Thank you! I was all like "Waugh!" when my economy broke.

Ahh, they're just less visible. I thought it should still say 'gold deposits' on the planet, just like it says 'ancient civ' or 'natives' even after you colonized it.
Emperor PayPatine out!