New Idea for more depth added to planets.

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
grimmfan
Voyager
Voyager

New Idea for more depth added to planets.

Post by grimmfan »

There should be more depth to resources system .I'm thinking of having each planet ,after extensive surveing, a graph for each of these ,maybe in metric tons or some sort of quantifier :

-raw materials (iron,silver,copper etc) (bonus industry)
-rare alloys/elements (uranium,plutonium, whatnot) (bonus science)
-gold (bonus trade/tourism)
-precious stones (big bonus trade/tourism/)
-natural gases (bonus industry)

So small planets with high quantities of raw mats might be more valuable to industry development than huge planets with lesser quantity and these graphs are only accurate after extensive surveying/mining prospects that can be as simple as a "survey" action or made as a technology.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: New Idea for more depth added to planets.

Post by Zaimat »

Those are some really good ideas grimmfan about adding more resources. Certainly something we will consider in future updates.

A graph to quickly tell the resource levels and to compare planets would be very nice too, this is something we've considered after a survey as well but was a low priority with other features taking precedence.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Idea for more depth added to planets.

Post by Lithari »

Yeah, a very good idea, but right now, the only way to have a mining colony is if you gimp the rest of your colony abilities, cause you really can't choose the type of colony you build, its entirely based on which buildings are more higher level.

Its a farm colony (forget the name Agracultural or something) if you have more levels of farming buildings.

Its a mining colony if you mostly build industry buildings.

Its a research Colony if you build a research facility and i make sure to have as high level of research as possible at all my colonies.

So, i suggest, when you colonize a planet, you get asked what type of colony you want it to be, farming colony, mining colony or research colony and the choice you make, increases its performance by 100%, while making the others have 75% less performance.

For me, right now, i tend to not even bother with the mining colony bonuses, because the bonus is minimal compared to the cost of gimping your own colonies' performance in other areas.

So, i would suggest there to be 4 types of colonies that can be created.

Basic Colony: We currently have this right now, it gives no real bonuses to anything.

Mining Colony: Increases industry production by 100%, but also lowers research and farming production down by 75%

Farming Colony: Increases Food Production by 100%, but also lowers the research and Industry production down by 75%

Research Colony: Increases Research Production by 100%, but also lowers the food and industry production down by 75%

This is the only real solution, in its current way, there is no real point in having a mining colony, its a waste of resources.