Legend and mining colonies

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
reefs_of_space
Explorer
Explorer

Legend and mining colonies

Post by reefs_of_space »

Hi,

I closed the Legend in the upper left corner accidentally and can't seem to get it to reopen. How do you reopen the legend.

Also, some planets say they'll give a bonus to building a mining colony. How do you build a mining colony? I didn't see that option.

Thank You,

Reefs

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Legend and mining colonies

Post by Bansheedragon »

I'm not sure about the legend window in the upper right corner, I cant remember ever seeing it so cant help you there.

As for the mining colony.
A mining colony is simply a colony focused on industry.
So if you are told a mining colony would be good, just colonize it and then focus on building your industry level to its highest potential.

When build such colonies I usually have farming at level 1 or 2 and then trade as high as I can get it after maxing industry.

Its up to you how you want to do it, bur if you want a mining colony then put focus on industry and other things second.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

reefs_of_space wrote:I closed the Legend in the upper left corner accidentally and can't seem to get it to reopen. How do you reopen the legend.
To re-open the Legend click on the little compass at the bottom to the right of the Turn button.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

reefs_of_space
Explorer
Explorer

Post by reefs_of_space »

Thank you for your replies.

Bansheedragon -- that does make sense. It works out well too because the planet is near an important border with the Kuntari and I need to have a manufacturing planet to build fleets soon. I colonized some planets in their area of space and now they are demanding I surrender my colonies and give them 5% tribute. To War! (in a while anyway, I might just have to surrender those colonies for a bit as they are a lot stronger than me at the moment).

Zaimat -- Thanks much. It's really great that you are continuing to improve the game and helping out on the forums. I really like the quest system. It adds a lot to the exploration. The large number of diplomacy options is very cool as well. I'm really enjoying the combat now that I'm figuring out how to manage it better. The sector wide combat was confusing at first but now that I've fought a few battles and have a good grasp on Lock Task Force and orbiting the correct planets before I engage it's pretty great.

I do wish we could have more than four blue prints for each ship design and larger task forces.

Thanks again.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

reefs_of_space wrote:I do wish we could have more than four blue prints for each ship design and larger task forces.
Thanks, we've noted it on the wish list.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

When it comes to the whole mining colony, i tend to just not bother, it requires you to gimp your colonies to get the bonuses of mining, which i think it shouldn't, it was fine before they made it a requirement to be a mining colony, which means farming needs to be minimum, if you can't get enough food, tough......next to no research.

I personally suggest that you allow the players to choose which specialization the colony takes, industry, research, food and picking one, increase that production by 50% or something and lowers the other to the bare minimum.

This way, you can tie in the population growth with food production, that way you could have the following specializations:

Food/Growth = Increases food production by 50%, which increases population growth by 50%, the technology that improves food and population growth adds to it.

Industry/Tax = Increases industry production and tax by 50%, technology that increases industry adds to this bonus.

Research = Increases Science production by 50%, technology that increases research adds to this bonus.

There will be negative sides to this, setting it to a specific specialization reduces the other productions by 90%, giving only the bare minimum that can sustain the colony.

That would allow everyone to take advantage of the mining bonus without gimping the colony.

I quite like the idea to be honest.

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

You forgot about trade and tourism, maybe you could tie those two together and put them into a trade/tourism category?

Not sure how well the would fit together though.