How to become allied with the Kor'tahz ?

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Degur
Voyager
Voyager

How to become allied with the Kor'tahz ?

Post by Degur »

My relations with them are at max ( friendly and marker in dark green right corner showing ">" but not moving for more than 10 rounds )

I have every treaty with them ( Traderoutes, FreeTrade, FreeTravel, Share Intelligence, Non Aggression Pact, ... ), except to be allied with them.
I pay to them tribute, support every round, gave them a lot of techs.

Still they refuse when I try to get in an alliance with them.

I even tried to declare war at the Varaianer first, but it did not help.

Difficulty is second easiest, max galaxy size, I am neutral to the Varaianer.
All my techs are at level 10. Started the game with all races, now Kor'tahz, Barsig, Barbeck, Varaianer, Lezgoon and Kamzak left. Can kill them all in less than 5 rounds, but I want to finish the Kor'tahz quest first.

So what can I do?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: How to become allied with the Kor'tahz ?

Post by Zaimat »

You seem to be doing all the right things and after some turns they should accept.

I'd like to take a look at your saved game to see the Ai's decision based on their refusal factors. Can you issue a report from the launcher and just a short description so i know it's relating to this. Thanks!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Degur
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Degur »

I use the german client.

Think it is : "Ein Problem melden" -> That opens the Horizon Reporting Tool.

But I have a problem. I see no way to include my savegame and my custom race to it.
Will my savegames and custom races be autosent to you,
or should I to upload it somewhere and give you a link to the uploaded file?

Is the Slot_002.hs enough, or is the Slot_002.bmp needed too?
And can I use WinRar to reduce the size of the upload?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Yes the report tool packages the horizon game folder (containing specifically the logs and saves). If you want to just send the specific save you can just send us the corresponding slot_xxx.hs, we don't need the bmp. email address: support @ horizongame.com

{EDIT} Yes please zip it or rar it before sending if doing it yourself.

Degur
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Degur »

Used the report tool.

It is "sending report" now.
Used "How to become allied with the Kor'tahz" as Headline and added a link to this topic into the description.

Update : Sent it to you.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Thanks, it's nice to see a highly progressed game. Was this with a custom template or did you play with the default human template?

I have looked at your alliance attempt with the Kor'tahz and here are my findings:

1. With current treaties and relations their internal votes are 75 against and 50 for an alliance. That means not enough votes to be considered (zero chance of success).

2. If you declare war on the Varaians that will change the votes to 50 against and 75 for an alliance. That means it will pass their senate and you have a chance to convince their government (once per turn) or that they may offer it to you.

The remaining against votes I'll be adjusting the reasons for those (they also don't like that you aren't embargoing their enemy and that you are encroaching on their territory). But once you declare war on the Varaians it will also impose an automatic embargo and up the vote for an alliance in this scenario further (the votes aren't reflecting this, I've changed this so it will in the next update).

{Edited for clarity and for more accuracy}

Degur
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Degur »

Thank you very much for your answers.

Yes it is a custom human race ( Old race but with the 20% diplomacy bonus of the default humans ).

Will declare war on the Varaianers tomorrow and hope for a lucky dice throw to convince their government, it gets late here where I am. :wink: