Hard time finishing the game

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Hard time finishing the game

Post by Anguille »

Hi,

I am in the mission mode of the game, playing with the Kentari and have 2 sets of missions to finish but can't seem to find the solution and therefore, if i assume correctely, cannot finish the game with missions. I have a scientist KOR`TAHZ on a planet but can't find him with digging nor anything else. Where is he?

Do i have to finish the missions of all the races to win?

Thanks
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Hard time finishing the game

Post by Anguille »

The manual doesn't so much about how to win with the missions, could you maybe put this in the FAQs?

Cheers

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

When I find a planet with the scientist you mention, I usually have a dialogue screen pop up where he tells me to find two things for a weapons against the Varians.
It used to be so you had to dig the planet to talk to the guy.

Have you checked the mission log to see if it has a mission telling you to find these things?
It should say you can find one item on a planet in say sector 6 and the other item on a planet in say sector 2, the sector numbers will change from game to game.

If the scientist does not talk to you, or you dont have/get the mission then it sounds like it might be a bug that needs looking at.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Just a curious question here, but has anyone ever completed the game in normal mode?
keller~

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Bansheedragon wrote:When I find a planet with the scientist you mention, I usually have a dialogue screen pop up where he tells me to find two things for a weapons against the Varians.

Have you checked the mission log to see if it has a mission telling you to find these things?
It should say you can find one item on a planet in say sector 6 and the other item on a planet in say sector 2, the sector numbers will change from game to game.

If the scientist does not talk to you, or you dont have/get the mission then it sounds like it might be a bug that needs looking at.
Thanks...there's indeed something i have to find but i've looked at all the planets already...will check again tonight and otherwise sent a save to Zaimat.

Cheers

reefs_of_space
Explorer
Explorer

Post by reefs_of_space »

Anguille wrote:
Bansheedragon wrote:When I find a planet with the scientist you mention, I usually have a dialogue screen pop up where he tells me to find two things for a weapons against the Varians.

Thanks...there's indeed something i have to find but i've looked at all the planets already...will check again tonight and otherwise sent a save to Zaimat.

Cheers
I went to the planet and didn't get any sort of prompt either. I did a survey and a dig. I didn't get to investigate very much though because the Tantik kicked me out of that whole area of space shortly after I arrived :) It so happens that they control that area of space and we're at war.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

There are 2 mission lines that allow you to finish the game through the storyline, the Kor'tahz and Varaian missions (each is a different path, completing either will allow the ending).

Finding The Kor'tahz scientist: I assume you have his sector coordinates, got to move there and then orbit one of the planets (could be any of the planets in that system). Digging isn't necessary in this instance but will also work (so will surveying) since you will be in orbit of the planet.

I can always take a look at your saved game if you can't get passed it.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Xyquas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xyquas »

Anguille wrote:Do i have to finish the missions of all the races to win?
No, you can also use one of the following approaches:

1. Kill every other empire
2. Be allied with every existing empire

In both cases victory is effective within the next 2 turns but not the same turn you produced either state.

Using the missions usually is the quicker way to win as you don't have to eliminate the Tantik. As Zaimat pointed out, the next step to be taken in a mission can be seen in the quest log when you click on the according mission entry.
keller wrote:Just a curious question here, but has anyone ever completed the game in normal mode?
Yes, many times with different races (excluding Tantik). I tried classic mode once because I wanted to experience Galactic Council elections but I definitely like normal mode more. The missions support the Explore in 4X giving the scouts some extra spice :)

Actually, I'd like modding to be able to indroduce new missions :wink:
Master Of Orion 2 = Great
Master Of Orion 3 = Trash
Horizon = The real Master Of Orion 3 :-)

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Thanks for the suggestions, i won my first campaign. :)