I keep killing the probe ...

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
gwgardner
Explorer
Explorer

I keep killing the probe ...

Post by gwgardner »

For the first mission as the humans, I'm supposed to board the alien probe. But I keep destroying it, instead.

I've sent out an assault ship, which is armed with 3 lasers, front and rear. If I fire all of them, it seems impossible to keep from destroying the probe. I see that I can take one battery of lasers offline, which would give my fire a lighter touch. But even with just three lasers firing, I really have no fine control over whether I hit the probe with too much.

So my question is, how does one manage the amount of damage being done?

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I keep killing the probe ...

Post by Bansheedragon »

When you select a ship, you get a list of available weapons on that ship.
You can click on the individual weapons to turn them on or off, so you can fire each weapon individually.

Also when you design a ship, on the right side of each equipped weapon there is a letter indicating the size of the weapon.
These are

L = Light
R = Regular
H = Heavy

The light weapons do the least amount of damage, but can fire in a 360 degree arc.

So you have to option available to you.

1. Turn off some of your weapons so you dont fire all of them, fire them 1 at a time if you have to, that should help.

2. Use light weapons.
You can also combine the use light weapons combined with #1. and you should be able to get the probe without destroying it.

If you still have problems then try having fewer weapons in each mount.
You can select on the left of each mount how many weapons you have equipped up to 9 on each mount.

Hope this helps.