TRANSIENT special ability

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
ulrich
Voyager
Voyager

TRANSIENT special ability

Post by ulrich »

I have played the game with a custom race having the TRANSIENT special ability (it costed me 60 points). The manual says: "Transient races are believed to have originated from another dimension. These races have an innate understanding of temporal physics and can open time corridors in the space-time vortex for their ships to travel through. This allows them to ‘jump’ in relative safety from one point in the galaxy to another in a very short time."

So, how can I open a time corridor in the space-time vortex to make my ships jump from one point in the galaxy to another in a very short time?

thanks

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TRANSIENT special ability

Post by keller »

This is really a good question. Anyone have any ideas on this ??
keller~

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I tried playing with a race that had this trait once.
When in combat it basically gave me 2 moves every turn.
First my ship jumped to the specified location, this did not take any movement points, so I had full movement points after that jump and could move normally.

But jumping in the galaxy as you ask about here is something I never thought of, but its a good question I would like an answer to as well.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

I haven't played transient after the new combat system, but it was quite a useful trait:
1) you have an upper hand in any combat, as your mobility increases drastically
2) your ships traveled about 1.5-2x times quicker than anybody else's

But no, they don't do interstellar jumps.

BTW, giving knowledge of jumpgates to transient races might be really nice, as you don't have money or industry to build them early or even mid-game anyway.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

Thanks for the info on this True_poser. I will have to do some more experimenting and check this out!

@ulrich
Welcome to the forums.
keller~

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Post by True_poser »

Ok, I got it.
Transient trait basically gives your ships a free turn in travel or in combat, effectively doubling it's speed.

I'll do a writeup on engines shortly.

ulrich
Voyager
Voyager

Post by ulrich »

thank you very much for your replies, very interesting indeed!