Question about research/production time

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
AlphaCentauri
Voyager
Voyager

Question about research/production time

Post by AlphaCentauri »

Hello all,

I have a question about the research and production.

Is it normal that researching something takes like 60 rounds even when you focus on the field and the technologie you want?

I started the game with mission and tutorial on. And even in the tutorial i need more than 60 rounds for the first invention. And it doesnt get better after that. I started again and its still the same. I am at round 123 now and made like 4 inventions.
The last two were quicker since I have 5 planets now. But only when i go for an upgrade from level 1 to level 2.
From 2 to 3 takes a lot of time again. Only focusing on the field and tech gets it down to like 20 to 30 rounds which still is a lot. Since its just one tech you invent then. everything else is at several hundred rounds then.

To build something is as bad. Every Colony Ship took 32 rounds (ok all but the last one since my home world got a bit better by now).

Buildings are even worse. level 1 is ok. But to upgrade them takes 100 turns in every colony but my home world. And my home world needed a lot of time as well as i upgraded it.

So in the end i played 123 turn and did not much more than exploring planets. I Just build two attack ships just to see combat and got my *** kicked, like I had nothing at all.

The game looks good. But I have to say after 123 rounds of doing like nothing I am not sure anymore.

So my question is, is that normal or do I just do something terrible wrong.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Question about research/production time

Post by Zaimat »

Our apologies, we have just issued an update, there was a bug (with the major update last week) with the research being slower than usual as the base research bonus wasn't being applied. It should make things better now, as faster research helps with everything else including money and production. Please let us know how you find it with the update to 1.0.1.103.

http://forum.l3o.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=5422#p5422
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

AlphaCentauri
Voyager
Voyager

Post by AlphaCentauri »

Thank you very much for the answer. Seems that it was just bad luck to play the game the very first time with that bug in game, since its hard to say if it is a bug if you havent played it.

But much better now. More fun to invent some stuff from time to time.

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

there was a bug (with the major update last week) with the research being slower than usual
I was going to report this issue but I see its already resolved. Thank you for the update.
keller~