Spoilers

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Schreck1961
Voyager
Voyager

Spoilers

Post by Schreck1961 »

I've been beating my head and would like to know how to finish the Valarian and Kor'tahz

1. For the Kor'thaz I have searched for the parts to make the weapon, made the weapon and loaded it upon a ship. I killed all he Valarian till they were no more. The quest never updated. What am I doing wrong?

2. I have an Alliance with the Valarian and killed off 2 races that I think says are old races, The Kor'thaz, and the Gargals. Every race I kill off I get the message about your doing something to make up proud. I get the feeling I need to break all alliances I have with the other races.Then kill them off so that only me and the Valarians are left alive. I hate to waste time doing this if I am not on the right track.

Any and all help is appreciated

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Spoilers

Post by Grogger »

Hi Schreck1961,

For the Kor'tahz quest, you must be allied with the Kor'tahz when killing the Varaians to complete the quest

The ancient races are the Kor'tahz, the Varaians, and the Har'kan. You must make either the Kor'tahz or the Har'kan surrender to complete the Varaian quest.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

Schreck1961
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Schreck1961 »

Well, my current game the Har'kan have already gone through the stargate. I don't think I was allied with the Kor'tahz. either that or another race had killed off the Kor'tahz.

Thanks for the information.

I wonder if i can still get the Stargate Tech. if I kill them off first?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Currently you can get the Stargate tech in two ways, through planetary digs or if you do the Har'Kan quest.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Schreck1961
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Schreck1961 »

Current game I am allied with the Varaians and gone to war with the Har'kans they sued for peace after I took 2 of their systems. The Varaian quest didn't update, still game me the your on the right track message. I went to war with the Kor'thaz and took 2 of thier systems. They sued for peace and I accepted. All I got was a Dreamscape sceane but no update to the quest. About 5 turns later the Varaians went to war with me. I was allied so I took one of thier 2 systems and am waiting on them to ask for peace. Not sure what is going on.

Ps, What do I need to do for the dealing with the Don. I have paid him off to get access to the Barsig junkyards in one game ?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

For the Varaian quest, you have to get the Har'kan (or Kor'tahz) to surrender to you. You were on the right track but when you agreed to peace, it let them off the hook, keep the pressure on them and eventually they will lose hope and surrender. The Varaians turning on you could have been related (if they hate the Har'kan in this game) or some other reason. You should be able to still complete the quest though.
Schreck1961 wrote:Ps, What do I need to do for the dealing with the Don. I have paid him off to get access to the Barsig junkyards in one game ?
Junkyards access gives you a +50% bonus to making faster breakthroughs in research. This applies to techs at level 0 until they reach level 1.

Schreck1961
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Schreck1961 »

Finally got the Varaians back to ally status . I am in a war with the Har'kan and they finally sent me the message we "We beg for Mercy" . I accepted this and have played about 5 more turns. The next time the Varaians talked to be was the same message we are proud of you. Still have been unable to complete the quest.

Do the Varians need to be in a war with the Har'kun also when they beg for Mercy or just me? What is the exact message I should be looking for to finish the quest?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Schreck1961 wrote:Do the Varaians need to be in a war with the Har'kan also when they beg for Mercy or just me? What is the exact message I should be looking for to finish the quest?
Their relations doesn't matter but you need to get the Har'kan to surrender to prove your worth to the Varaians. If they beg for Merci or sue for peace and you accept that's not the same, keep refusing and put pressure on them (blockade their homeworld or last remaining colony) and eventually they will lose hope and surrender.