"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." -- Seneca







It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


 Post subject: Newb questions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:08 pm 
Explorer
Explorer
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 10
Offline
Hi everyone-
I'm brand new to the game and enjoying it quite a bit. I have a few questions I'm confused on, I hope someone can help?

-Is there some way to see all at once what all the colonies is building? The colonies list via F9 doesn't give any information along these lines, and it's rather tedious to click though each individual planet
- Where are the special abilities of weapons described? It's nice to know that my neutrino beam is "vorpal" but I have no idea what that means
- Earth says it can have 18 buildings, but after I build 15 there is nothing more available to build - are there some buildings that are unlocked later or somesuch?

Thanks for any help!


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 pm 
Contributor
Advisor
Advisor
User avatar
Contributor
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 267
Offline
Quote:
- Earth says it can have 18 buildings, but after I build 15 there is nothing more available to build - are there some buildings that are unlocked later or somesuch?


Quote:
There are 3 available levels of civilian buildings at the start. The 4th level buildings must be discovered through dig's or conquering other races who have it (via invasion).

Trade and Tourism buildings are best at generating income, especially if the colony is well located (near other colonies of yours and other races whom you have treaties with). Other things that affect are of course the level of the building, technologies, treaties, planetary resources for tourism etc. Your government building also generates tax revenue based on population.


Quote:
- Where are the special abilities of weapons described? It's nice to know that my neutrino beam is "vorpal" but I have no idea what that means


For weapons, In the tech screen there is a description of what special abilities each weapon type has. It should be noted that special abilities of weapons do not start taking effect until after you have achieved level 5 in that tech and as a result will not appear in the description until then.

Hope this helps.

_________________
keller~


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 am 
Explorer
Explorer
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 10
Offline
keller wrote:
For weapons, In the tech screen there is a description of what special abilities each weapon type has. It should be noted that special abilities of weapons do not start taking effect until after you have achieved level 5 in that tech and as a result will not appear in the description until then.

Hope this helps.


Thanks, but some of the descriptions don't explain the effects - what does "critical strike" or "vorpal" mean? Is there a glossary somewhere?


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 pm 
Contributor
Advisor
Advisor
Contributor
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 pm
Posts: 169
Offline
Zeebie wrote:
keller wrote:
For weapons, In the tech screen there is a description of what special abilities each weapon type has. It should be noted that special abilities of weapons do not start taking effect until after you have achieved level 5 in that tech and as a result will not appear in the description until then.

Hope this helps.


Thanks, but some of the descriptions don't explain the effects - what does "critical strike" or "vorpal" mean? Is there a glossary somewhere?


I did some searching on the vorpal term, but all I could find was about swords or other balded weapons from RPG games, so cant answer that for you.

Critical strike on the other hand should be pretty self explanatory.
Critical strike could mean the same as a lucky shot, you hit a vulnerable/weak spot or in a way that does increased damage.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:48 pm 
Explorer
User avatar
Explorer
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:31 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Santiago, Chile
Offline
Zeebie wrote:
keller wrote:
For weapons, In the tech screen there is a description of what special abilities each weapon type has. It should be noted that special abilities of weapons do not start taking effect until after you have achieved level 5 in that tech and as a result will not appear in the description until then.

Hope this helps.


Thanks, but some of the descriptions don't explain the effects - what does "critical strike" or "vorpal" mean? Is there a glossary somewhere?


Bansheedragon wrote:
Zeebie wrote:
keller wrote:
For weapons, In the tech screen there is a description of what special abilities each weapon type has. It should be noted that special abilities of weapons do not start taking effect until after you have achieved level 5 in that tech and as a result will not appear in the description until then.

Hope this helps.


Thanks, but some of the descriptions don't explain the effects - what does "critical strike" or "vorpal" mean? Is there a glossary somewhere?


I did some searching on the vorpal term, but all I could find was about swords or other balded weapons from RPG games, so cant answer that for you.

Critical strike on the other hand should be pretty self explanatory.
Critical strike could mean the same as a lucky shot, you hit a vulnerable/weak spot or in a way that does increased damage.


well guys, vorpal just means that a single shoot of that weapon will damage all the sides of the attacked ships, so yea not pretty againts you but very nice practical and killer if its in your favor jejej so in short its like sorrounded damage, i read it from zaimat in a post i think btw, dont ask me when though :lol: :D :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:52 am 
Explorer
Explorer
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 10
Offline
Beam316 wrote:
well guys, vorpal just means that a single shoot of that weapon will damage all the sides of the attacked ships, so yea not pretty againts you but very nice practical and killer if its in your favor jejej so in short its like sorrounded damage, i read it from zaimat in a post i think btw, dont ask me when though :lol: :D :wink:


Whatever vorpal does, it definitely does not do this. I can very clearly see single sides being damaged.


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Newb questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 pm 
Dev. Team
Horizon
Horizon
User avatar
Dev. Team
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:04 pm
Posts: 1360
Location: Toronto, Canada
Offline
Vorpal weapons do the most straight-up beam type damage to the structure points. Where as say a Critical Strike weapon will do less structure damage but can destroy internal systems in one hit.

_________________
Horizon - Lead Designer


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group