Another invasion problem

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Another invasion problem

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

When I am at the planet orbit and say "invade" for this planet, my forces are immediately landed.

Unfortunately, there is one quirky issue with it: it involves _all_ possible forces, from all fleets. That often totally not what I want!

Also, question: can I redeploy this troops back immediately, with the appropriate command? If so, it will be not so harsh as it is for me... :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Another invasion problem

Post by Zaimat »

You can manually land troops once in orbit from the task force orders (redeploy troops) and use the arrow keys and it will trigger an invasion on the following turn (don't click Invade if prompted again so it doesn't land all troops). And yes you can redeploy some back on the ship after in the same manner.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:You can manually land troops once in orbit from the task force orders (redeploy troops) and use the arrow keys and it will trigger an invasion on the following turn (don't click Invade if prompted again so it doesn't land all troops). And yes you can redeploy some back on the ship after in the same manner.
Aha, it's better then.

Still looks like the error, Zaimat. When I give "invade" order for one fleet, I am expecting exactly this fleet invading. Not all orbiting fleets around! Can you fix it, please? :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

If you give the explicit order to invade land troops or redeploy via task force it uses just the one task force but if you use the Invade order or prompt (at the end of combat) that one encompasses the whole fleet in the battle. I see this working correctly and as intended.

{Edited to correct/clarify}

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:If you give the explicit order to invade via task force it uses just the one task force but if you use the Invade prompt (at the end of combat) that one encompasses the whole fleet in the battle. I see this working correctly and as intended.
I seen just opposite in both cases, Zaimat (yes, I am prone to such strange issues.) :D But I will test first part of it, maybe I am truly wrong here.

Speaking about "Invade at the end of turn". There is some vague problem here - rare, because I just seen it first time, but definitive.

1. Attack planet with fleets that have invading task forces in it.
2. Retreat with some (but not all) of this invaders.
3. Receive "Do you want to invade (300K vs 200K)" prompt.
4. Watch as your 50K troops remained after p.2 got squashed by 200K enemies. 0_o

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Ok let me know. Keep in mind that the invasion prompt counts all soldiers (whether already landed on planet or still on space ships).

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:Ok let me know. Keep in mind that the invasion prompt counts all soldiers (whether already landed on planet or still on space ships).
Well, in last described case it definitely was the problem "Prompt counted all existed troops, but only non-fleeing attacked in reality" - that is wrong. :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:Well, in last described case it definitely was the problem "Prompt counted all existed troops, but only non-fleeing attacked in reality" - that is wrong. :)
Let me try this again, I think I did not explain it correctly. If you give the order to invade (from orders or from prompt) it will count and use all troops available (from all your ships and allies) that are in orbit of the planet that's the only criteria. This is done on purpose / by design so it's coordinated with all together including allies.

Now if you manually redeploy troops or give land troops order then it will only do it from that one task force. It's how you can currently do what you ask. Let me know if still you feel it doesn't match in game play.

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Zaimat wrote:Let me try this again, I think I did not explain it correctly. If you give the order to invade (from orders or from prompt) it will count and use all troops available (from all your ships and allies) that are in orbit of the planet that's the only criteria. This is done on purpose / by design so it's coordinated with all together including allies.
...And now you just answered my first, initial question, that I asked exactly to know, if this behavior made by purpose, or accidentally. :) Thank you!

But later I encounter another situation. Described slightly later, three posts or so ago (sorry for mixing several questions. :oops: )

Let me try again, shortly (in the above post is more complete description).

In planet battle, where I withdrawn (by "Retreat" command) some of my invasion ships, I received invading prompt with full count (i.e. "300k my troops vs 200k enemies, invade?" prompt). But in reality, on the invading stage I had only 50k troops. I.e. for sake of initial counting (in prompt) it gives me full troops numbers (that is wrong, and must be corrected). But for real invasion it uses only that troops that was in non-retreated ships (that is totally right).

...Well, at least, I believe that reason of described inconsistence is that described above. :oops:

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:In planet battle, where I withdrawn (by "Retreat" command) some of my invasion ships, I received invading prompt with full count (i.e. "300k my troops vs 200k enemies, invade?" prompt). But in reality, on the invading stage I had only 50k troops. I.e. for sake of initial counting (in prompt) it gives me full troops numbers (that is wrong, and must be corrected). But for real invasion it uses only that troops that was in non-retreated ships (that is totally right).
Got it this time, in previous explanation #4 wasn't so clear to me. I was able to reproduce this and have corrected it so it lands units from retreating ships. Next update it should always match the count displayed at the prompt. Thanks!

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

It's always pleasant to see your answers, Zaimat. :) Thank you!

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

*sigh* Zaimat, your "full invasion" just hit me again, as described in the first post of this topic. :( It's annoying. :/ Let me re-describe the problem for you.

Situation is like this:

1. There are 2 close enemy planets with defense forces of 350k and 320k soldiers.
2. I have 5 invading fleets in this system, over various my planets (not over enemy planets in question). 3x250k soldiers, 1x200k and 1x100k.
3. Problem seems crystal clear: 250+250 at the first planet, everything else to the second! So I gave orders accordingly.
4. Unfortunately, your "full invasion" rules strikes here. :| In result I have one attack of 950k vs 350k, and one attack for 100k vs 320k. Oops. :(

Things goes this way almost every time when I am trying to attack several planets in one system simultaneously. Apparently, first planet in the list draws all my troops in close vicinity, regardless of it's orders, and all others, well, takes what is remained. :(

I think, your invasion logic must be corrected slightly. Apparently, for it work as intended, you need to add one extra condition: "do not draw forces even if they are close to the planet, if they already have invade order for the other planet".

With such addition there will be no such unpleasant surprises for me.

Thank you beforehand. :)

P.S. Ha, I just noticed additional "bonus" in this situation. All ordered forces arrived at the destination planet at the end start of turn. Empty, of course. So now I need one more turn to gather troops back from the invaded one. *sigh*. :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:I think, your invasion logic must be corrected slightly. Apparently, for it work as intended, you need to add one extra condition: "do not draw forces even if they are close to the planet, if they already have invade order for the other planet".
I have made this change as you suggested, it really does make more sense, thanks!

Edit: It's in the test branch the new version - Link

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Thank you again! :) (But I'll wait for the full patch. ;)