How to adjust taxes?

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
schang1984
Voyager
Voyager

How to adjust taxes?

Post by schang1984 »

How can I adjust taxes (in order to gain population)?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: How to adjust taxes?

Post by Zaimat »

Population affects taxes collected (income) not the other way around.

Population growth is a factor of the planet type (example: Humans prefer terran like their homeworld), certain technologies increase growrth rate as well. Also some random events.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

schang1984
Voyager
Voyager

Post by schang1984 »

Thanks.

I have one more question.

What should I research in order to get Beam Defense?

I can't seem to get it, even at turn 353 (year 2503).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Sure!

Beam Defense, Stargates and level 4 buildings come from planets that have ancient cities/civilizations sites. Surveying systems or planets will give you that info, then you need to order a dig if the shovel icon is shown on the planet panel or list. If the shovel icon is not shown it either didn't have anything or some other race got there first.

Another way is if another race has it and you invade one of their planet, there is a chance to obtain it as well.

schang1984
Voyager
Voyager

Post by schang1984 »

Does the particular planet I invade need to have the beam defense built in order to gain the technology?

Thanks.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

schang1984 wrote:Does the particular planet I invade need to have the beam defense built in order to gain the technology?
It doesn't as long as the race has knowledge of it, there is a base 20% chance (modified by other bonuses such as having the creative or resourceful traits or having done the Barsig Junkyard quest) to gain it.

On the other hand if the L4 building exists on the planet or in orbit for Stargates, it is 100% guaranteed. Beam defense is always destroyed before you can invade so it's not possible (to not destroy) for that one.