Rhohltjr
"Stand aside. I am coming through." —Admiral Willis A. Lee

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Basic questions for this new 4x

Post by Zaimat »

rhohltjr wrote:Will this be moddable? The more moddable the better. :roll:
The game is moddable to some extent right now but more can be done. We intend to work with players who want to engage into modding to discuss and facilitate it in the coming weeks/months.
Is the Diplomacy section robust? Have plans to make it so? :roll:

Diplomacy is definately one of the pillars of a good 4x game so yes we fully intend for the diplomat player to be able to use diplomaticy and be able to win effectively just as someone who plays more militarily etc. Much of diplomacy is currently functional in the Early Access version but not complete (some complex treaties don't yet work, or not as intended) and we will be spending a lot of effort on the AI.
What level of automation is possible? What's the smallest amount of micromanagement we players have to put up with? :roll:
This is a tricky one, we want the player to feel like he/she is making the decisions without it becoming unmanageable or a burden. So we want to hear feedback in this regard from players if some things need automation.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

ibdoomed
Voyager
Voyager

Post by ibdoomed »

Is there a way to customize the columns of the colonies list? I'd like to see what's in queue and time left, not just 1/4 and such.

TatterSail
Voyager
Voyager

Post by TatterSail »

How do you re-outfit pods on a colonize ship once you use them? Do I have to create a whole new colonize ship? If so how do I delete a ship from my fleet which I do not want anymore?

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

TatterSail wrote:How do you re-outfit pods on a colonize ship once you use them? Do I have to create a whole new colonize ship? If so how do I delete a ship from my fleet which I do not want anymore?
To refit colony pods, you'll need to build a starbase and fly your ship into the colony (with the starbase)'s orbit.
You can scrap a ship by using the 'fleet' panel (press 'F' on the galaxy map, or use the ship icon at the top right of the screen)

NOTE: Scrap will destroy the entire fleet, so to destroy individual ships, you'll need to move it into it's own task force

ragtag
Voyager
Voyager

Post by ragtag »

How do you board the probe?

never mind I figured it out.

Imanust
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Imanust »

How have you done it (Board Probe)? I didn't figure it out yesterday :D

Veneke
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Veneke »

Yeah, the whole board the probe mission is not handled terribly well in the tutorial. Essentially what you need to do is hammer away on one side of the probe until its shields drop. It took me a two galactic map turns of 20 round tactical map combat to figure that out. Once you do that, you'll progress the tutorial and that instructor-fella will tell you to build a ship with boarding capabilities.

rhohltjr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by rhohltjr »

Thanks for the reply Zaimat. I hope you've got a large enough staff for your working with players, and feedback.
I am interested. :mrgreen:

RHJ
"Stand aside. I am coming through." —Admiral Willis A. Lee