Colony Ships

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
gh0stalker
Voyager
Voyager

Colony Ships

Post by gh0stalker »

After you use a colony ship to colonize a planet what do you need to do for it to be able to colonize again? I've placed it in orbit, let it sit, tried destroying it (I couldn't find a method to scrap a ship).

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Colony Ships

Post by Grogger »

gh0stalker wrote:After you use a colony ship to colonize a planet what do you need to do for it to be able to colonize again? I've placed it in orbit, let it sit, tried destroying it (I couldn't find a method to scrap a ship).
As of now, you can refit your colonizer pods by building a starbase and having your ship orbit the planet with the starbase.

To scrap your ship, you can use the fleet panel (Press 'F' or use the button at the top right of the screen)

CrispyMouse
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by CrispyMouse »

This only works if there is ONE star-base in the system. If you have two or more star-bases (cause you like defending you planets) then the colonizer will not refit with a new colonizer pod. I have a save game to demonstrate this, if I have somewhere to send it to or upload it.

Example (game I have saved):
Tashir I, V, and VI are colonized and have star-bases. I send a used colony ship to orbit around Tashir VI. It is never refitted. If I remove the star-bases from Tashir I and V, then the next turn the colony ship is refitted with a new colonizer pad.

CrispyMouse
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by CrispyMouse »

Submitted via the error reporting tool.

Grogger
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Grogger »

CrispyMouse wrote:Submitted via the error reporting tool.
Perfect, thank you for your submission, we will look into this