Planets

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Countryman33
Voyager
Voyager

Planets

Post by Countryman33 »

Ok So I have been trying to understand invading and what not. I have killed a planet defenses and tried to conquer it with my colony ship...but I get a ground combat thing.....where the planet still has troops...I killed it's defenses and even had ground troops in orbit in my ships...but it won't let me invade to kill off the troops....what am I doing wrong? The planet SHOWS NO indicator of who owned it after I killed all it's defenses...but it won't let me invade or kill off the 3 million troops it had!..need a video of how to successfully invade and conquer alien pre-occupied races planets..plz

Countryman33
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Planets

Post by Countryman33 »

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Or is it a bug?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

1. Are your ships with ground troops in orbit of the planet? (Should see the human flag on the correct planet) and is the planet showing Blockaded? If not you need to destroy it's defenses first.
2. Order your task force to invade (it will tell you if order accepted or give you a reason if it fails)
3. Click turn, after the tactical phase it should take you to invasion view
4. Win/Lose the invasion
5. If you win the planet is yours now
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fairin »

in 0.02.31 invading a planet (read the whole thing!)

design a fleet, perferably with ships with ground troop pods on them (10 = 1 per ship = generally enough to lay the smackdown on most any planet)

fly to system you want to take over

ORBIT their planet (they may attack you starting battle far from their planet) in this case (really the most often case!) move your ships to their planet. proceed to releave them of their misslebase population and ground troops. VIA heavy beam weapons, missles, or bombs

you should beable to break their misslebase quickly enough go ahead and bomb their population a little while longer to reduce their troop numbers

*end of combat*

next turn target your fleet and tell them to INVADE the now defensless colony, besure to engage the sector on the galaxy map

your fleet will bomb the hell out of the planet (potentially reduceing the population to zero. making your invasion fail) . besure to manually end your turns if you really want to capture this planet.

at the end of the battle, if you told your ships to invade, and the enemy colony has population left it should bring up the invasion screen pitting your troops and all their modifiers against the computers ect.

word of warning to this however it takes 20 turns to assimulate a population and you have to foot the bill for their food costs (30~40bc per turn) (roughly 700bc)

in the case of the military remaining after you bomb it and they immidately invade your colony which you just set up. i think in 0.02.31 it was fixed you retain the colony.

and as for your speicfic issue, colonizer ships lack ground troop pods to invade with.

bah Zaimat. =) beating me to it!
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Fairin wrote:your fleet will bomb the hell out of the planet (potentially reduceing the population to zero. making your invasion fail) . besure to manually end your turns if you really want to capture this planet.
We need to fix this still so they don't bomb if invade order is active.
in the case of the military remaining after you bomb it and they immediately invade your colony which you just set up. i think in 0.02.31 it was fixed you retain the colony.
No changes made for invasion yet. Can you give me more details what happened or did you already report it in another post?
bah Zaimat. =) beating me to it!
You explained it good, I'll stop now :) so I can get some work done unless I need to chime in..
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Countryman33
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Countryman33 »

Sorry was dinner time...NO I have been doing that...I see the planet and it says there race+ blockaded...I orbit the planet with my fleet and have a fleet containing 100k troops with my setup...but when I hit <auto> which I guess might be my issue it kills there defenses then my troops deploy and I see 3 mil+ computer troops..after the battle the planet show no owener ship I then try to colonize the plant then I see the 3 mil+ troops still there....It wont BOMB the planet even tho I have a mothership with MAXED out bombs I let lose about 60 MAXED firebombs or Nutroen bombs and the plant still have 3 mil+ troops...it says it's a heavy military supply base type planet or some crap...

Fairin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fairin »

you use bombs? =) one thing i havent tested personally since heavy beam weapons do the job better =)

and yes Zaimat. in my primary thread =) i do update it every so often ya know. i tested after the update and they invaded me after colonizing. but i "won" without troops, figure'd you know about the fix. =)

also they need to bomb a little on some planets unless you got 3 million troops spare =). a horizon clone of the moo2 bombing planet or drop troops wouldnt hurt at all =)
=(^.-.^)=

" A person can look for their one true love and find them, but could they look like the one true love for the person they find. " - Fairin