Few thoughts from playing today

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Delta_V
Voyager
Voyager

Few thoughts from playing today

Post by Delta_V »

Okay, a few quick suggestions from playing today...wanted to write them down before I forgot. Apologies if these have already been suggested.

1. A hotkey or some arrows to cycle between colonies while in the colony view would be helpful

2. A message saying that my "Colony X has built Y, construction que is now empty"

3. A way to automatically que the maximum level of a given development. For example I just colonized the planet Fubar I. I want to make this planet a research planet and I have 5 levels of research improvement I can apply. Instead of having to go back to the colony 5 times to upgrade my research infrastructure, it would be nice if I had a "Build Maximum Level for {Farming,Industry,Research,Trade, etc}" button that would take care of this for me.

3. Tactical combat needs the ability for me to designate a location for my ship to move that might be multiple turns away so that as each turn passes it will traverse the distance on its own without me having to manually move it.

4. Tactical combat also needs a "hold fire and wait" command for my ships. Frequently I find my ships blasting defenseless planets to nothing on auto combat before I can invade.

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Few thoughts from playing today

Post by Madbiologist »

Delta_V wrote:3. Tactical combat needs the ability for me to designate a location for my ship to move that might be multiple turns away so that as each turn passes it will traverse the distance on its own without me having to manually move it.

4. Tactical combat also needs a "hold fire and wait" command for my ships. Frequently I find my ships blasting defenseless planets to nothing on auto combat before I can invade.
Yes to both those counts.

For 3, maybe have a 'plot course' where the ship will go to the final point on its own before asking for more inputs.

For 4, I was thinking more of the fact that ships would automatically stop when a colony is defenseless by default (remember, you can have battles in more than 1 sector, so manually stopping them in one might still cause another simultaneous invasion to be messed up with). So instead it would be a button to 'bombard to it is a pile of glass' (not literally). Once enabled, the AI on auto, or the player can woefully and happily glass a world. Otherwise a ship and the AI on auto would stop once the world is defenseless.

Currently, it will kill off the poor planet, and if you hit the skip button, it autos the fleet and we end up at square one. Manually hitting done for 10+ rounds can only done for one sector and is insane to do when you have a massive fleet or fleets in orbit. So having them by default stop, unless you give them the 'green light' to bombard to doom, would be nice. This way it also helps with other sectors being in battle.

Tssha
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Tssha »

Yeah. Once the battle is done and the planet is defenceless, you need an option to end the battle and NOT bombard it to hell.

Or bombard it to hell. If you want. I just want the choice.

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madbiologist »

Delta_V wrote:1. A hotkey or some arrows to cycle between colonies while in the colony view would be helpful.
This would be nice as well, I sometimes like to do the annual inspection at times of my worlds, and being able to switch between all of them (not just the ones in the same system) without leaving the colony screen would be awesome!