"All warfare is based on deception..." -- Sun Tzu

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Really Good Gameplay
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:16 am 
Voyager
Voyager
Just got done playing for about 12 hours according to steam.

My favorite part of the game was the planet searching and finding missions and cool tech when I dug.
Oh and getting to the point where I was reining in 1.2tc each turn. At that point I'm pretty much the boss and can do anything I want to anyone and not worry about it. :twisted:

I downloaded it from Steam at around 11:00am CST June 6th so that was the version I was running.

Most of the game play was smooth other than the cut scenes, there was a horrible glitching sound in the middle of the cut scene every time one happened. It was annoying but easy enough to get over. It might of been my laptop but I'm not sure.

Windows 8 Laptop running on a Lenovo Y500 64bit

Regarding frame rate I didn't notice any lag at all, but I don't know what the exact number was but It ran perfect for me.

My biggest complaint with this game is fighting.

-- I dislike not knowing what ship already took its turn.
I can't remember every move in my head of the enemy's ship movements and mine, its tuff to plan out an attack. Especially if there is a large amount of ships scatter all over the map.

I read in another post to put a small icon on each ship stating if it is ready to go this round or not. I really, really, really liked that idea. Or outline the ship in a color as a type of indicator or whatever. Just something that works.

-- And also if you move your map away from your select ship, and you forget where it was on the minimap.
It sucks to search and find it.
Maybe a marker on the mini map of the selected ship or blink.

-- The AI was really easy to figure out and beat. But I'm sure there is a ton a tweaking that is left to be done before its in its final form. :D

But from my experience this was an awesome game to sit down and play. I'm sure I'll find more time and run through a few more worlds.
Thanks for the early release and keep up the good work people!

Post subject: Re: Really Good Gameplay
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:59 am 
Dev. Team
Ambassador
Ambassador
Dev. Team
Thanks for the post croikie! Just letting you know that I've taken note of this suggestion and feedback.