terraforming

Post by moncho63 »

how do I do this

Spazticus
Voyager
Voyager

Re: terraforming

Post by Spazticus »

All you need is at least the first level of the Terraforming technology, so some research is needed. Once you have the tech, then you can start colonizing the non-gas giant planets. You don't have a terraforming command, if that's what you're wondering.

Traker
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Traker »

Personally I find the terraforming way to easy and overpowering really, I just pump all reasearch into terraforming and than BANG I just start colonizing mining planets and such and the money just starts rolling in.
I think you should limit actual teraforming for humans at least to making just desert ,barren, ocean and maybe ice planets terraformable and all the rest would have to have domed colonies that would have very limited pops and infastructure and would be frightfully expensive to maintain.
And maybe have different atmoshere,s for different races thus limiting the massive colonization of every planet you see (Similar to the Space Empires Series).

Aside from this Love the game

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

In the end, its down to when you get terraforming, its all random when you get it, one game, I got it via ruins, another game, I got it so far into the game, I was like 'meh'.

Its like Interstellar Broadcasting, if you don't get this as soon as possible, you can go bankrupt pretty easily.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

It's good to hear the feedback about Terraforming and other techs. Keep em coming if you find it's too powerful/useless or other things.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf