Diplomacy.

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Diplomacy.

Post by Ashbery76 »

Why does the relations bar to back to the middle when relation state changes.You get hostile and then the bar resets to the middle point to neutral yellow when it should stay reddish..Bug?The A.I should warn you well you are in their territory as sometimes you do not realise and relations get very bad quick.

I also think it's too easy to build relations with isolationist races like the Harken.You meet and straight away they are up for treaties ,trade and asking for tank science.I think isolationist as advanced like the Shadows err Harken would not give primitive races much attention until late game.

We could also do with some tool tips for the treaties.What is free travel?

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Diplomacy.

Post by Lithari »

Well, when it comes to isolationist races, in real life, sure it would take a long time to get anywhere with an isolationist species, but in a game, it shouldn't be realistic and when it comes to the relations going hostile, then returning to the centre, well its like a reputation type of thing, when you get from neutral to friendly, the bar resets and begins again.

Madbiologist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Madbiologist »

About that point where it resets to the middle us because you enter the next range (hostile or friendly), which has it own range on the bar. Basically a category of disposition has the whole bar as a progression. But the system puts you in the middle of the the next range instead of the linear point that connects the two. I think this is deliberate, as it means it takes a bit to get them back to the previous disposition, so that they don't just juggle between the two and takes some work to cause a shift back.

You are right about how easy it is to befriend even the harder races.

Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Ashbery76 »

Its not very intuitive.Red should mean poor relation scale,yellow neutral and green good.I do not get why it has to reset to the middle when it could just stay in the red zone scale.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Ashbery76 wrote:Its not very intuitive.Red should mean poor relation scale,yellow neutral and green good.I do not get why it has to reset to the middle when it could just stay in the red zone scale.
Actually, its always been like that in every game with relationship sliders.