Horizon Update to Beta version

General Discussions
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Update to Beta version

Post by Zaimat »

Folks,

Tomorrow, we will be updating Horizon to the next major version!

When I look back, the game has come a long way since the Alpha launch on Early Access. And this is in large part due to your suggestions and feedback, which have guided our efforts to make Horizon a better Horizon!

While this will be a substantial update, we are also not done yet and with your continued involvement we plan to continue to add and improve things further in the coming months.

I plan on posting the full changelog tomorrow. But for a glimpse of the changes you can see it in my previous notes on August 28.

We look forward to seeing your comments once you have tried the update starting tomorrow!

Some stats for those interested with such things since July:
- We received 3694 survey feedback with 41% leaving detailed comments. (Not counting the great posts on the forums and comments on FB!)
- There were 455 major changes to the Horizon codebase and many graphical updates (too hard to quantify!)
- We crushed approximately 100 bugs
- We received approximately 35 reports from players with technical issues

Cheers,
Raf
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Horizon Update Tomorrow

Post by FrozenFallout »

Cant wait for the updated version to come out.

I am really impressed with what you have shown us so far and cant wait to see what you have upgraded in the next update.

Becks
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Becks »

I look forward to see the changes :)

Zakrul
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Zakrul »

Well there goes my plans for Friday. It will be time for more space domination!

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Horizon Update to Beta version

Post by FrozenFallout »

So checked out the new update, I seem to have major lag for some reason. It might be my computer although all my other programs seem to be working well. Was wondering if anyone else was having a major slow down after the Beta patch?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

I just pushed a small update live. Can you try it (restart steam for the update) and if you still get lag, where exactly, can give a description?

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

I think it might be my computer actually, been messing around with a few settings, it seems to lag when any animations or videos are playing. The opening video seems to lag allot and I cant even watch it and if I enter any world like Earth it takes about a min to load and whenever I hover over a building with animations it takes a few seconds to respond.

Like I said though I think this is actually my computers issue and not an issue with the game. I will be doing some more investigation tonight.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

It looks like disk I/O operations from your description, whenever it's streaming from the hard-drive it's going super slow.. Usually a reboot helps but it could be the disk is too full, or something related to the drive but could be a number of things.. Let me know how it goes

FrozenFallout
Contributor
Contributor

Post by FrozenFallout »

Did a little disk cleaning and messing around with my vid card along with updating drivers. Works fine now thanks.

chaoswar
Voyager
Voyager

Post by chaoswar »

May I have a question?
So, I bought the beta version of the game. When the full Horizon
game will be release, then I have to buy the full game if I want to play with
that, or my beta version will update(unlock) to full version without any payment?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

chaoswar wrote:May I have a question?
So, I bought the beta version of the game. When the full Horizon
game will be release, then I have to buy the full game if I want to play with
that, or my beta version will update(unlock) to full version without any payment?
You get the full version when it becomes available, it will replace the beta by automatically updating. You don't have to purchase it again. Thanks.