Development Update - January 2014

General Discussions
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Development Update - January 2014

Post by Zaimat »

A quick note to inform you of our current status:

We are soon approaching the launch time for Horizon and we are currently working on multiple fronts including localization to other languages. The game is being translated to German, Polish, French and Spanish. We hope to do Russian as well later on if at all possible.

Random events, achievements are also being worked on and many other smaller stuff from your suggestions and our own assessments on various parts of the game.

The improvements we have made in the past 6 months (since July) would not have been possible without your support, so thank you for allowing us to remain in early access for as long as possible along with your feedback, reporting bugs and all your suggestions. It has made a great difference and we will continue to do our best in the upcoming months and beyond!
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Development Update - January 2014

Post by True_poser »

Played a bit with Russian, just to check -

Fonts are mostly ok, there's even "ё" letter (yes, we have a special letter for "yo", though it's phased out).
Colon sinks down noticeably compared to the text on the same string.
Placement and overlapping is manageable, though Russian words and phrases are generally longer (~20% in the long run, up to 50% with formerly short phrases).
Ah, and "Discard changes?" translation just vanished.

What puzzles me is garbled font on some strings.
There's nothing special about them, some are shorter, some are longer.
I guess, the game is quite fickle about the length of strings and may express its displeasure on seemingly randomly selected strings.

Don't know about non-English latin-based languages, but it may be that Russian can't be added easily.

True_poser
Contributor
Contributor

Out in February?

Post by True_poser »

I nearly missed it in news in steam, but if an article is linked there, it means Horizon really will go out in February.

15 to 40 days to roll out much awaited fixes in economy and in tactical combat, to add refitting and difficulty levels, to enable large galaxies and to test it all thoroughly.
Seems unlikely even if most of things in list were in pipeline for a long time.

So, with one or two things polished (I guess, refitting and difficulty) the game will be wrapped up for launch (localization testing, final checks, etc).
Everything else will be updated later depending on the success.

Ok, I understand. I really do.

Is there anything that can be done for help?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Development Update - January 2014

Post by Zaimat »

Thank for testing it out.

We have fixed most issues with unicode (UTF-8) characters displaying properly and the font does handle all the languages from my first post.

The next build (possibly this week) will have proper localization support. If you want to try it out again then.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf