Horizon Release version 1.0.0.71

View the latest update logs & patch notes
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Horizon Release version 1.0.0.71

Post by Zaimat »

Here are the changes for the release version of Horizon!

New:
* All galaxy sizes (Qty of stars) are now playable
* Kortahz and Varaian missions enabled
* Game difficulty levels added at start of game

* Camera zooming added and camera movement/panning improved in tactical combat
* You can now select your ships by clicking on them in tactical combat, as long as they haven't had their turn yet for that round

* Random events generator added with several basic events (population boom, wealthy merchant, hacker raid, ancient relic, etc.). More events to come later
* Task forces will keep formation when moving, all ships in a task force will follow the lead ship and the leader will wait for stragglers
* New game preference options added, including the option to use up colonizer ships during colonization
* Colony and Planet Overview lists have been expanded to show a lot more pertinent information
* Added a race legend map on galaxy view to make it easier to distinguish races and their territories

* Science lab video scientist now based on the race you are playing
* Added human theme music for diplomacy and race encounters (when playing as non-human)
* New victory conclusion video and text added when playing as non-human
* Added 1080p version homeworld animations

Localization:
* Localization to German
* Polish, French and Spanish coming shortly after launch

AI and AutoMode improvements:
* AI carrier ships will now use Fighter Bays to launch fighters
* Fighter squadrons automatically launch when carrier is in combat and return to carrier when out of combat
* AI exploration, survey and colonization capabilities improved, AI will build more based on galaxy size
* AI races will now dig for artifacts and compete with the player in discovering artifacts on planets
* AI races will now set tech and techfield focuses and add desired technologies to their ship designs when discovered
* Improved AI hostile target selection based on aggressive actions from other race ships

Balancing changes:
* Time required to Survey planets has been increased slowing down exploration of star systems
* Race Customization available attribute points reduced, cost of techs increased, more tooltips added
* Government type effects are now in effect
* Quantity of fighters (per Fighter Bays) reduced in ship design
* Torpedoes and Missiles space requirements reduced in ship design
* Reduced the space requirements for ground troop pods in ship design
* Mothership building now requires shipyards at colony

* Ship maintenance is now based on ship level of technology (increasing it as the game advances)
* Tourism traffic building bonuses are now solely based on receiver building level
* Tourism and Trade income reduced significantly
* Ship weapons are no longer as easily damaged or destroyed when hit and instead there is a chance that they will be hit (the base chance is modified by attacker weapon qty)
* Weapons effectiveness and ranges now factor in the type of weapon and it's weapon mount
* Population growth decrease factor relating to maxPlanetPopulation size reduced

Other changes and improvements:
* Com button - hovering over a task force in the list now now shows a preview of it's location
* Added range and arc to ship info, scans
* Gas giants are skipped from survey when system survey order is given
* Added tech description tooltips in Ship Design weapons/core/specials lists

* Civilizan building limit now based on planet size. Homeworlds get an additional bonus
* Colony ship construction queues now display maintenance cost of ship designs
* Added tech details view button on tech screen when hovering over a tech
* Added some more sfx for weapon types
* Taskforce upgrade turn msg reduced to low priority list
* Treasury header now displays the net income along with the treasury balance

Bug fixes:
* Fixed refills not working correctly for planetary missile bases
* Fixed a bug in Race Customization that would delete the Human default template causing the game to crash
* Fixed a bug on galaxy map selection vector at 1280x1024 resolution
* Fixed a bug where a player ship with auto move on a new round when attacked (in the previous round) rather than first giving you the option to take control

Quests:
* For storyline purposes the Lezgoon missions are no longer available when playing as Tantik
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Upcoming changes in Horizon Release version

Post by Lithari »

Looking forward to the changes, but wondering when the modding will be implemented, cause you are making it more and more difficult of making a fun race to play with.

When i say fun, i mean, where challenge and doesn't matter, i guess you could put in a feature when developing the race (until modding is implemented) where it gives more then the normal amount of points, even if it means i lose all points gained at the end of the game, since that means nothing to me, never understand why some players put so much effort into those points, which ultimately get them nothing, i mean sure if it unlocked special tech that would be otherwise unavailable, even from ancient ruins, then it would have some use, but right now, its one of those 'i got this amount of points' type of thing, which as i said, is useless to me.

So, i hope for something like what i suggested, something that gives more points to work with, because reducing points based on other players that want a more challenging gameplay just ruins it for others that just want to play the game for just fun.

I never play against other players in anything, not anymore, i just get bored of all the childish crybabies that make excuses why they lost or just rub it in my face instead of acting like adults when they do beat me, while i understand that not all player are like that, but alot of them are and i tend to meet them, so i avoid it all together, i prefer to be beaten or to beat the AI, they don't complain and they don't gloat and rub it in my face.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

We are still intending to put an advanced race creation check box where you can have unlimited points to play with, shouldn't be too long.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Zaimat wrote:We are still intending to put an advanced race creation check box where you can have unlimited points to play with, shouldn't be too long.
Ok, thats good to know, i look forward to that.

Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Horizon Release version 1.0.0.71

Post by Ashbery76 »

What does game difficulty to and add in buffs?

Are achievements in?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Currently the Game difficulty changes how aggressively the AI plans actions vs the player. Also increases or decreases the amount of money generated (for all races equally) from trader and tourism traffic.

We are currently considering some additional effects but they are not yet enabled (making allies to defeat the player and other diplomacy effects, starting number of colonies and tech levels which could all be affected by the game difficulty setting).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

First batch of Achievements are coming in likely before the weekend.

Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Ashbery76 »

Seen lots of good UI improvement and polish added after a brief play.The economy seems better too.

The Harkan are still too easy to get on friendly relations though :D

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Updated the changelog that was missing some other fixes/changes (in yellow).
Ashbery76 wrote:Seen lots of good UI improvement and polish added after a brief play.The economy seems better too. The Harkan are still too easy to get on friendly relations though :D
Good to hear it, thanks. We have built a pretty flexible and highly configurable AI system but we're only using about 5% of it's capabilities at the moment so there is room for growth.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Ashbery76 wrote:Seen lots of good UI improvement and polish added after a brief play.The economy seems better too.

The Harkan are still too easy to get on friendly relations though :D
Well, considering the fact that every single race get worse and worse relations upon reaching communication distance, once they make contact with you, they go out of their way to expand to me, hell they even travel to the other side of the galaxy to colonize near me and then complain i am too close to them and the relationships get worse and worse until war is declared.

I know the AI is still a work in progress and has alot of room for improvement, i am just saying, you are just lucky that you find it easy for the harkan to be on friendly terms, for me, i have to give gifts all the time, i mean really, would you want someone to try to win your friendship with gifts? i would be greatly offended by that to be honest.

I am thinking they should set it so that the AI should only complain about me expanding too close when i colonize in their systems (where they have a colony themselves), that would be more better then how the AI expand towards me, then complain i am too close to them.

Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Ashbery76 »

You're possibly sending ships into their territory area which pisses them off.I found they accept non aggression treaty,trade treaties more or less straight away if you avoid their space and that should bumb relations higher.Humans get a relations buff anyway compared to other races but I think the you should work more for an isolationist race to get any treaty.

I have not played enough to later game for have an opinion on relations overall later game but I will this weekend.

Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lithari »

Ashbery76 wrote:You're possibly sending ships into their territory area which pisses them off.I found they accept non aggression treaty,trade treaties more or less straight away if you avoid their space and that should bumb relations higher.Humans get a relations buff anyway compared to other races but I think the you should work more for an isolationist race to get any treaty.

I have not played enough to later game for have an opinion on relations overall later game but I will this weekend.
Nope, this is when i have no ships outside of my systems, the only time ships move out of my colonized systems is when its to scan a nearby star, which is nowhere near them and then i colonize a world and they colonize one, on the other side of the galaxy (far from their systems, closer to mine) and then complains i am too close to them.

Right now, for me anyway, it just feels like, its give them gifts or go to war, i tried being repulsive and that just makes it impossible to do anything diplomatic, becoming friends as a repulsive race is impossible since for me, its give a gift or go to war.