DavionFuxa Plays Horizon

After Action Reports (AARs), Gameplay Videos YouTube, twitch.tv
Davion Fuxa
Voyager
Voyager

DavionFuxa Plays Horizon

Post by Davion Fuxa »

Greetings

I've started a Let's Play for Horizon on YouTube. So far I've got Three episodes up but I plan to keep uploading 1 to 2 videos each week.

Check out my playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... shGKlHfGkt

Davion Fuxa
Voyager
Voyager

Re: DavionFuxa Plays Horizon

Post by Davion Fuxa »

Hey all, my playlist for Horizon is now up to 5 videos. I'll likely be looking to do at least a couple of videos for Horizon for next week.

I figured I would drop a note that I'm uploading my videos every Saturday, so keep a sharp look out then for new videos.

Davion Fuxa
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Davion Fuxa »

So, another video is up, but this time there is something of distinct note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyadIz8 ... e=youtu.be

For the episodes preceeding this one, I played with the Human Federation and more or less explored the game. This episode takes a run starting out with the Barsig, a different race, and one that doesn't start settling on Desert planets. What's more, I also somehow luck into getting Terraforming in this same episode.

Anyhow, long story short I'm wondering if people would be interested in me playing with another race - not necessarily the Barsig either. I could also just go back to the Human Federation too.

Davion Fuxa
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Davion Fuxa »

To those viewing, thank you for viewing my videos. However, I've decided that I will be making my last video for Horizon - up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnb4Mtm4DW0

While I enjoyed the nostalgia for the game, I've decided it isn't totally a 4X game I really want to continue playing. The last episode 'sort' of puts across the reasons of why.

Though to sum up those reasons, I don't much care for the representation of information - whether that be the lack of it. I also don't like some other factors that arise from that lack of information - such as predictability and foresight from my actions.

Another thing of note is that I don't much care for some of the game mechanics, such as how ships are done and how structures on planets work.

But I will note again, I did enjoy playing it for the 20 or so hours leading up to this point, and I do hope that I may come back to this game perhaps in the future.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Too bad. I think you'll come back at some point...there's something to this game that makes one come back and back ;)
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

But I will note again, I did enjoy playing it for the 20 or so hours leading up to this point, and I do hope that I may come back to this game perhaps in the future.

I still enjoy this game and play it at least once a week. Would say I have played it around 300+ plus hours (offline and online combined) so for me it is one of those that I really enjoy :)
keller~