Hunting for some missions!

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
ketzerei84
Explorer
Explorer

Hunting for some missions!

Post by ketzerei84 »

Having a bit of trouble tracking down a couple of missions, and figuring out how to complete another:

Where are/What are the:
1) Barbeck
2) Tantik
missions?

I assume they all come from the little mission markers on some surveyable planets, just haven't found them in my games yet that I'm aware of. Once I find them, what's the completion method(who knows, maybe I found them and failed /shrug)

Also, how does one complete the Barsig missions? I tried building maximum trade centers on all my colonies, but even with an alliance this didn't update the mission. Also tried taking the don's deal in another game, and also no updates. I'm stumped on this one.

ketzerei84
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Hunting for some missions!

Post by ketzerei84 »

Of course, now that I've gone there, I figured out the Barsig mission and found the Tantik mission. Still stumped on Barbeck though.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

The journal (hover over a quest entry and also click on the entry) should give you a hint on the step required. Most of the quests are non-linear so often they can be completed in various order.

The Barbeck and Gargal quests are similar to scavenger hunts where you have to find some things/someone through your normal exploration of systems as you go about your business. Usually through survey/dig, some quests just being in orbit of the right planet will suffice. Quest related stuff are indicated by (!) on the map and the planet list.

Oh and you can't fail quests although some quest paths are closed as you make choices, so you can't complete all paths in one game.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

ketzerei84
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ketzerei84 »

Zaimat wrote: Oh and you can't fail quests although some quest paths are closed as you make choices, so you can't complete all paths in one game.
Got all but barbeck now, I'm unsure if I perhaps locked myself out of this one. All of my colonies are at 0 pollution, but they are also all terraformed, except for the 12 homeworlds I forced into surrender :twisted:

Will terraforming, or conquering the barbeck, lock you out of completing their mission?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

ketzerei84 wrote:Will terraforming, or conquering the barbeck, lock you out of completing their mission?
It doesn't so you should be able to complete it. Did you clean the pollution on all your planets even the conquered ones?
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

ketzerei84
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ketzerei84 »

Yes, this is my post-galactic conquest savegame, so all i'm doing is colonizing and terraforming the entire map. I'll stop expanding for a bit and make sure every planet is at 0.