Suggestion/Question

General Discussions
Bigleon
Voyager
Voyager

Suggestion/Question

Post by Bigleon »

Hey guys first off this appears to be one amazing game in working. You have some community support, get us involved :D

Secondly I have a question/suggestion. Many game centers find them selves with multiple screens and wonder if you guys have done anything to capatalize on this to make the game one step ahead of the rest.

In particular, one thing i found Supreme Defender did awesomly is you could use the second screen as a full screen map helping keeping awareness up the galaxy around you.

Can't wait tell this game hits market and good luck in final production phases. :D

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Suggestion/Question

Post by Zaimat »

Welcome Bigleon and thanks for the comments.

It's an interesting thing they have done in Supreme Commander, not many games support dual monitors in this manner including Horizon. I'm not sure how many players actually use this mode, would be interesting to find out.

There is also AMD Eyefinity mode which makes it interesting for flight simulator/racing games, not so much for strategy I think, perhaps for first person shooters it can also work. I'm a techie at heart and must confess this stuff interests me even though it's pretty niche.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Bigleon
Voyager
Voyager

Post by Bigleon »

Zaimat wrote:Welcome Bigleon and thanks for the comments.

It's an interesting thing they have done in Supreme Commander, not many games support dual monitors in this manner including Horizon. I'm not sure how many players actually use this mode, would be interesting to find out.

There is also AMD Eyefinity mode which makes it interesting for flight simulator/racing games, not so much for strategy I think, perhaps for first person shooters it can also work. I'm a techie at heart and must confess this stuff interests me even though it's pretty niche.
I think you would be surpised, I see more and more gamers usuing Dual Monitors, I know some of my hardcore 4x friends tend to have their Research Cheat Sheets / Excel Charts up on second one though more than a giant minimap.

ANother idea is a customizable data screen for the 2nd window that maybe shows trade information, recommended builds/planets that need some love, fleet stats /locations could even track enemy movement or "Supsicious" enemy fleets as some fun feature.

Not sure if you have an "Adivsior feature in there, but I think that would be fantastic little thing "Your neighbor is amassing a fleet at your boarders you should respond" I know Civ5 you put to many units near a boarder and the AI Flips out >.<

I know in eveonline you popped it windowed mode and liked doubled the screen length. Maybe something like that could be accomdoate 2 screen users if there is ever a demand for it.

I'm a techie but rather lacking in anythign related to programming, atleast i have touched that area in 6 years, which is like 1000 computer years :P

dwanderson
Voyager
Voyager

Post by dwanderson »

Zaimat wrote:Welcome Bigleon and thanks for the comments.

I use dual monitors and work hard at using the second screen when playing some of my favorite games.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

dwanderson wrote:
Zaimat wrote:I use dual monitors and work hard at using the second screen when playing some of my favorite games.
Agreed, dual monitors work great both for gaming and general use.

I think Bigleon was suggesting a dual monitor/screen setup built into the game as a feature similar to how it is in Supreme Commander.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf