Load Troops

General Discussions
matt3916
Explorer
Explorer

Load Troops

Post by matt3916 »

I conquered an enemy planet. I had 717,920 troops remaining after combat. I issued "Load" orders to both of my 10 ship transport fleets so I could continue inviting worlds to join my glorious empire (capacity of each transport is 35,000 so the two fleets together can hold 700,000 troops). When the next turn happened, one of the fleets loaded 280,000 troops while the other fleet loaded 245,000.

Edit -- Next turn, the 245k fleet filled to 315k. The 280k fleet didn't upload anyone.

Obviously there is some game mechanic I'm not understanding. Any help? Is there a garrison requirement of some kind? The planet in question has a population of 7.23 B and is 10% assimilated (Varaian population).

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Load Troops

Post by Zaimat »

With the "Load" orders it should fill all the soldiers available on the planet up to the limit of the troop pods (5K per) unless some of the troop pods are damaged (in which case those need to be repaired first to fill). Only other thing I can think of is one or more of the ships in the taskforce are not close enough to the planet where the order is given but this seems unlikely.

If you still can't figure out a reason, send a report and I can check.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

matt3916
Explorer
Explorer

Post by matt3916 »

I think the "not close enough to the planet" is probably the reason. Report sent.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

matt3916 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:34 am I think the "not close enough to the planet" is probably the reason. Report sent.
Got the report and I can confirm that was the reason. When the taskforce attempts to load troops (after being pulled into combat) some of the ships are aborting for being too far from the planet. Ideally this could be handled better.

If you double-click on the Akras system on the galaxy Map after the turn, you can see the ships that are too far.

You could give them another Load Troops order otherwise they will try to auto-dock to resupply troops (at a slower rate, 5K/ship) if there is a planet with barracks in the system.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

matt3916
Explorer
Explorer

Post by matt3916 »

Thanks.