Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

After Action Reports (AARs), Gameplay Videos YouTube, twitch.tv
User avatar
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard
Posts: 264
Location: Kuntaria

Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Anguille »

I am starting to record let's plays (never knew how to record etc.) and have started with Horizon. It's in french and a first attempt. Maybe i'll try something in english another time. Here we go:

Partie 1

Partie 2

Partie 3

Partie 4

Partie 5
Last edited by Anguille on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

User avatar
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team
Posts: 1408
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Zaimat »

Just started watching today and I finished the first 3 videos.

You do a very good job of explaining the game play, and the pace and tone of your voice is really great also. You definitely have a knack for it!

If you make a post (in french) on Steam Discussions I will pin it, I'm sure french speaking players will appreciate it. I can also share it on Horizon Facebook/Twitter pages.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

User avatar
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard
Posts: 264
Location: Kuntaria

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:Just started watching today and I finished the first 3 videos.

You do a very good job of explaining the game play, and the pace and tone of your voice is really great also. You definitely have a knack for it!

If you make a post (in french) on Steam Discussions I will pin it, I'm sure french speaking players will appreciate it. I can also share it on Horizon Facebook/Twitter pages.
Thanks for watching and for the compliments. I may post it on the steam forum (now that i have 5 videos already). I am really an amateur at this. I really want to show the beauty of this game.

I wasn't sure if you understood french but i guess you had it at school :wink:
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

User avatar
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team
Posts: 1408
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Zaimat »

Ah Oui, I'm fluent in French having grown up in Montreal, even went to french college. :wink:

For the videos, I am sure you'll get even better at it but really the most important stuff you already have it I think. And it will be great to post, also you can update the links in your OP here with all the parts.

If you want some feedback to further improve quality:

At the start of some of the videos there is a screeching noise, it's rectified quickly once you start speaking. It's a minor annoyance but I think it can be solved (either by starting with the microphone muted or lowered volume). It can alternatively be edited with a sound app afterwards. If you use a post-processing sound app, you can also normalize the volume level for consistency.

Another minor thing is having a live webcam overlay of yourself (if you are so inclined) in the corner of the stream playing. This can create a more personal connection between the streamer and viewer. This must be supported by your recording app, in the settings. I am familiar with Bandicam which has this option.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

User avatar
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard
Posts: 264
Location: Kuntaria

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:Ah Oui, I'm fluent in French having grown up in Montreal, even went to french college. :wink:

For the videos, I am sure you'll get even better at it but really the most important stuff you already have it I think. And it will be great to post, also you can update the links in your OP here with all the parts.

If you want some feedback to further improve quality:

At the start of some of the videos there is a screeching noise, it's rectified quickly once you start speaking. It's a minor annoyance but I think it can be solved (either by starting with the microphone muted or lowered volume). It can alternatively be edited with a sound app afterwards. If you use a post-processing sound app, you can also normalize the volume level for consistency.

Another minor thing is having a live webcam overlay of yourself (if you are so inclined) in the corner of the stream playing. This can create a more personal connection between the streamer and viewer. This must be supported by your recording app, in the settings. I am familiar with Bandicam which has this option.
Thanks for your feedback! I am using very basic tools so far (Xbox and now also Debut Screen).

Not sure about the webcam overlay...has it's pros and cons. Just tried one (for a short presentation of Dominus Galaxia) and not sure about it.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

User avatar
Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team
Posts: 1408
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote:Thanks for your feedback! I am using very basic tools so far (Xbox and now also Debut Screen).
Had not heard of Debut Screen but looks like a good tool.
Anguille wrote:Not sure about the webcam overlay...has it's pros and cons.
Yeah I think you could go either way. You could also turn it on/off depending on the time: e.g.: start with overlay on during introduction, then off, then on at the end.

One other suggestion for the youtube video descriptions: it would be nice if you could add a bit more detail and some links (http://www.horizongame.com). Also if you are keen to grow viewership, keep reminding people to subscribe/vote there also.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

User avatar
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard
Posts: 264
Location: Kuntaria

Re: Horizon let's play with the Kuntari

Post by Anguille »

Thanks for your inputs! I made some modifications and will continue the let's play this weekend. With a small map, it shouldn't last too long.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR