When can we expect some news?

General Discussions
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: When can we expect some news?

Post by Anguille »

Hi Zaimat,

There is an Horizon 2 Mega thead in the eXplorminate with some information already. Think it would be great if you put some news there too!

Cheers

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/explo ... 1610371480
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Not sure if i already asked but i wonder what you plan to do with the Senate in Horizon 2. Will it be limited to the election process or will we have the options to apply laws etc. Will everyone automatically be part of the Senate? If not, races in the senate could have, for instance, and advantage in trade or research.

Thanks

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Just a suggestion. Plan a couple of DLCs. Most of the games now have a couple of DLCs (new races etc.). I would have loved to see that for Horizon 1 as well.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Yes, we plan to support Horizon 2 for a very long time and that will most likely include DLC's and/or expansions. That's something we will decide post launch and we will also take into account what our community wants for new features.

The Senate is one such possible feature as we won't have it in the initial launch. To do something more elaborate as you suggest (and I have already a design doc on it) to go beyond what we did in Horizon 1, but it will take much more development time.

For Horizon 1, there will not be a DLC or expansion but a future QOL update is possible and something that has crossed my mind. But definitely not before Horizon 2 is released.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote:Yes, we plan to support Horizon 2 for a very long time and that will most likely include DLC's and/or expansions. That's something we will decide post launch and we will also take into account what our community wants for new features.

The Senate is one such possible feature as we won't have it in the initial launch. To do something more elaborate as you suggest (and I have already a design doc on it) to go beyond what we did in Horizon 1, but it will take much more development time.

For Horizon 1, there will not be a DLC or expansion but a future QOL update is possible and something that has crossed my mind. But definitely not before Horizon 2 is released.
Excellent! Thanks

On a side note....i only have one achievement left to do. Will try to achieve my 1'000 colonies before Horizon 2 is available. Playing now only with the Barbecks as they can colonize any planets.

Also had a chat yesterday with a new player (bought the game based on my recommandation) who loves the game (MOO and BOTF player). So there are still people interested in Horizon 1 ;) which is imho still the superior 4x game around. Can't wait to see how Horizon 2 will amaze everyone.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Zaimat wrote:Also had a chat yesterday with a new player (bought the game based on my recommandation) who loves the game (MOO and BOTF player). So there are still people interested in Horizon 1 ;) which is imho still the superior 4x game around. Can't wait to see how Horizon 2 will amaze everyone.
That is great and that your friend is enjoying the game. I have received some great emails over the years from players and it's really amazing so many different folks showing interest and enjoyment. One email from a NASA scientist giving feedback on the storyline/events was especially interesting, and a person playing it with his wife and 2 young kids together as a nightly family event was especially memorable.
Zaimat wrote:On a side note....i only have one achievement left to do. Will try to achieve my 1'000 colonies before Horizon 2 is available.
I think you can do it, you've got a little time left still ;)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

I was finally able to complete the update to the forums. The upgrade comes with many benefits including responsive web design. If you find any issues please let me know.

We now also have a dedicated section for Horizon 2, with a section for main discussions and another for Design specific topics.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 pm I was finally able to complete the update to the forums. The upgrade comes with many benefits including responsive web design. If you find any issues please let me know.

We now also have a dedicated section for Horizon 2, with a section for main discussions and another for Design specific topics.
Looks great!

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Zaimat wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 pm I was finally able to complete the update to the forums. The upgrade comes with many benefits including responsive web design. If you find any issues please let me know.

Heh. I just popped in to see whether there was anything new, or if you had updated the forums like you were planning to. Looks like a bit of both. 8)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Anything new to show/tell us? Thanks....

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

^ I was wondering this as well. How's development been going?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Had a bit of a lull in activity but currently working on the User Interface system. Horizon 2 will have a more modern minimalist UI. Perhaps we can talk more about it.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:19 pm Had a bit of a lull in activity but currently working on the User Interface system. Horizon 2 will have a more modern minimalist UI. Perhaps we can talk more about it.
Interesting. What do you have in mind with a minimalist UI?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:20 am Interesting. What do you have in mind with a minimalist UI?
An aim toward a clean modern looking UI that provides all the necessary information when required (with a fine balance between text and iconology) and emphasizing a sci-fi/hi-tech vibe. With fewer and more neutral colors on the UI to allow the game world to shine through.

The Expanse (TV series) has done a great job with UI, and other sci-fi shows and games have also used/been inspired with that kind of style to represent a futuristic minimalist style on screen.

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

I noticed you've officially announced that Horizon 2 is in development. :D

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:22 pm I noticed you've officially announced that Horizon 2 is in development. :D
Just wanted to update the news sections of the website, in case we get new/old visitors.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Just wondering how you intend to make the galaxy feel "alive". Distant Worlds did a very good job there with plenty of civilian units flying around (similar to Imperium galactica 1) and space monsters etc). So what is your take?

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Anguille wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 am Just wondering how you intend to make the galaxy feel "alive". Distant Worlds did a very good job there with plenty of civilian units flying around (similar to Imperium galactica 1) and space monsters etc). So what is your take?
I did touch on this a bit in the Trade Topic, but yes you will be able to see the trade ships flying around, space phenomena and monsters along with all other vessels in the galaxy in a persistent fashion at all times.

Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Anguille »

Zaimat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 pm
Anguille wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 am Just wondering how you intend to make the galaxy feel "alive". Distant Worlds did a very good job there with plenty of civilian units flying around (similar to Imperium galactica 1) and space monsters etc). So what is your take?
I did touch on this a bit in the Trade Topic, but yes you will be able to see the trade ships flying around, space phenomena and monsters along with all other vessels in the galaxy in a persistent fashion at all times.
Excellent!

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Zaimat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Fantastic. 8)