Music

General Discussions
Anguille
Vanguard
Vanguard

Music

Post by Anguille »

Wondering what kind of music you're going to use for Horizon 2. Imho, music is very important to give the right mood. Background sound in Horizon 1 is ok but could be a little more diverse. I've found that Polaris Sector has an excellent soundrack for instance. Do you already have ideas?

Some games likes Imperium Greek Wars and Stellaris allow the skip the music while in the game. This is a cool feature.
I may not post so much...but i am here watching!

Kuntari rule the galaxy: an Horizon AAR

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Music

Post by Zaimat »

Definitely, I agree Music and Audio can add a lot to a game. I actually met with a couple of well-known composers very early on (one of them orchestrated the music for Bloodborne on PS4, and had also worked on some major movie titles). I think it would be awesome to work with them but there are also some great music tracks that are ready which we can license, new age type space music from some great composers.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

That's very good to hear. I long ago discovered that the right music/soundtrack can help a lot with a game's atmosphere/immersion factor. (For 4x games, Armada 2526, Birth of the Federation, WH40K: Gladius, and Stellaris are examples that have especially stood out for me.) Horizon 1's soundtrack is actually not too bad, but I'd love for Horizon 2 to improve up on it. :)

Anguille wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:27 am Some games likes Imperium Greek Wars and Stellaris allow the skip the music while in the game. This is a cool feature.

Fully agreed. I've come to really appreciate that.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Martok wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:05 am
Anguille wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:27 am Some games likes Imperium Greek Wars and Stellaris allow the skip the music while in the game. This is a cool feature.

Fully agreed. I've come to really appreciate that.
So if i understand you press a button and the game plays the next track on the list. I'll have to check this out.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Martok
Vanguard
Vanguard

Post by Martok »

Correct. You can click forward (or right arrow) to play the next track, or click back (left arrow) to play the previous track. It's one of those relatively small QoL features that can have an outsized impact on one's experience whilst playing a game.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal