Low memory error

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Low memory error

Post by Bansheedragon »

I was just playing the game when I got a strange error.
I had just gotten a breakthrough in research of Stratium Armor.
I then wanted to upgrade my ships and stations from titatium to stratium, so I clicked on the "Design" button on the galaxy map.

What happened was that my mouse pointer turned into a circular icon indicating that the game was no longer responding.
After doing an alt tab into windows and back I got a white windows box on a black screen telling me I didnt have enough memory and to save my progress and exit.

After doing that It looked like the game was working fine, as I could end the turn no problem.
I then went into the design menu which was no available.
However after changing the design of one of my ships by upgrading the armor, I got another error when trying to save the design, telling me that I had to check that the space available was not negative.

The space on the ship was not negative and with the previous error I thought it might indicate the memory error I got previously.

I got 8 GB of Ram, around 800 GB free HDD space, and my graphics card has 2 GB of Ram(GTX 560Ti).
Considering the system requirements on this game I find this error rather puzzling, so I thought it better to report it.

I have no idea how it happened or how to reproduce it.
The only additional details I can give is that I was playing as humans in mission mode gameplay.

Ashbery76
Vanguard
Vanguard

Re: Low memory error

Post by Ashbery76 »

I had this happen once too.

eidolad
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by eidolad »

got same sort of out of memory error/crash. I sent an error report from the game start "report an issue" link from the Horizon game launcher. Would be a great idea if you guys did the same same so the dev can determine if it is the same thing hitting all of us.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

I'm looking into this.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf