Invasion problem. Again.

Report bugs or help with technical issues
Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Invasion problem. Again.

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Last time you fixed invasion for me, making dedicated ships go to dedicated planets, instead involving in random invasion. Thank you!

Unfortunately, there is another situation, when exactly the same happens.

Engaging sector/defending against invasion pulls out all ships in sector. Including former invading forces. *sigh*

Can it be fixed too to not touch my poor invading forces with explicit orders to invade totally different locations? :)

Thank you! :)

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Re: Invasion problem. Again.

Post by Zaimat »

Smiling_Spectre wrote:Engaging sector/defending against invasion pulls out all ships in sector. Including former invading forces. *sigh*

Can it be fixed too to not touch my poor invading forces with explicit orders to invade totally different locations?
By virtue of the 'instanced combat' design all ships in sector are pulled in space combat if engaged. Their orders are retained (if not already completed prior to being pulled) and will continue with their order after the engagement if the battle is not lost. This is working as intended.
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf

Smiling_Spectre
Advisor
Advisor

Re: Invasion problem. Again.

Post by Smiling_Spectre »

Zaimat wrote:Can it be fixed too to not touch my poor invading forces with explicit orders to invade totally different locations?
By virtue of the 'instanced combat' design all ships in sector are pulled in space combat if engaged. Their orders are retained (if not already completed prior to being pulled) and will continue with their order after the engagement if the battle is not lost. This is working as intended.[/quote]
Well, I see that it's by design... but why it must be so? :) Ah, forget it.

Anyway, I believe, it _not_ works as intended for invaders... or at least, I wasn't able to notice it. After each "engage"->battle over planet sequence, all my invaders are around this planet. And never arrived to former invading targets. I didn't notice, if "invade" orders are still here (but I believe, they are not). I'll check it later, I hope.