Weapon Specials

Strategy, Guides, FAQ
Mandragoron
Voyager
Voyager

Weapon Specials

Post by Mandragoron »

Hi,

could someone explain the special weapon abilitys?
Kristall Weapons for example have "Deadly" german "tödlich" as an trait on level 5. What does it do?

Exists an list wich explains all weapon abilitys? I couldnt find anything in the manuel :/

Thanks for your help

Zeebie
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Weapon Specials

Post by Zeebie »

Mandragoron wrote:Hi,

could someone explain the special weapon abilitys?
Kristall Weapons for example have "Deadly" german "tödlich" as an trait on level 5. What does it do?

Exists an list wich explains all weapon abilitys? I couldnt find anything in the manuel :/

Thanks for your help
No one seems to know! Perhaps one of the developers is here and could help us out?

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

I had to search the forums for some of the information, but I believe I may be able to help now.

The weapons line-up with their specials.
  • laser, critical strike
  • plasma, weaken armor
  • particle, shield piercing
  • neutron, burn
  • ion, disrupt ECM
  • photon, disrupt targeting
  • pulse, power leak
  • neutrino, vorpal
  • crystal, vorpal
Explanation of the specials.
  • Critical strike, inflict internal ship damage (core and special systems). All weapons have a small chance for critical hits but laser cannons beginning L5 always critical hit.
  • Weaken Armor, makes the armor of your ship less effective doing more damage direcctly to the hull.
  • Shield Piercing, at least a portion of the damage will ignore the shields and do damage directly to the ships armor/hull
  • Burn, does additional damage to target over a short period of time.
  • Disrupt ECM, target ECM gets less effective making it easier to hit a target.
  • Disrupt Targeting, Targeting is less effective, making it harder to hit a target
  • Power Leak, drains power from target ship so it has less power to fire weapons with.
  • Vorpal, inflicts extra damage, most damaging weapon in the game
It would be nice with a confirmation for this, but I do believe I have gotten it right, most of it is pretty self explanatory.
Last edited by Bansheedragon on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeebie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Zeebie »

Bansheedragon wrote: [*]Vorpal, inflicts extra damage, most damaging weapon in the game[/list]
What's your reasoning behind "most damaging weapon"?

Bansheedragon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bansheedragon »

Zeebie wrote:
Bansheedragon wrote: [*]Vorpal, inflicts extra damage, most damaging weapon in the game[/list]
What's your reasoning behind "most damaging weapon"?
I guess I should have provided the source for that.
The reasoning is not mine, its from the devs.
Zaimat wrote:Vorpal are the ultra-powerful weapons which inflict extra damage. The most damaging weapons in the game.
http://forum.l3o.com/viewtopic.php?p=2585#p2585

I also Edited the OP to correct the information for critical strike which I found was also explained in the post I linked.

Hope this helps. :)

Zeebie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Zeebie »

Thanks Bansheedragon!

keller
Contributor
Contributor

Post by keller »

I would like to point that lazers tend to disable engines so you can board ;)
keller~

depth386
Voyager
Voyager

Post by depth386 »

Could you please be more specific?

Critical Strike:
What is the % chance for a hit to be "critical"
How many systems does it knock out? Does the enemy ship lose 1 weapon? 2 weapons?

Vorpal:
It sounds like "Vorpal" is similar to the effect that "Graviton Beam" had in Moo2. Damage which got past the shields did extra structural damage, so although the beam might say it deals X damage, it was really X * 1.5 if there were no shields.

But I want the actual number or % bonus please.

Zaimat
Dev. Team
Dev. Team

Post by Zaimat »

Critical Strike (Laser Cannons obtained at Level 5+) is 100% every hit except vs. Stratium armor which cuts the chance by half.

On scoring a critical strike, one of the targets internal systems is damaged or destroyed (if it was already damaged).

Internal systems are things like engines, life support, generators, scanners, com, targetting and ecm systems.

Weapons are external systems of the ship and those are not affected by this. Weapons can be damaged or destroyed on any type of hit, the chance is 1% per weapon Qty.

--

Vorpal weapons are the most powerful beams in terms of pure damage, thus they do increased damage after level 5+. The value is set at 100% (so x2 damage of normal)

If you are curious you can see the values defined in the main game folder\gamedata\tech_stats.xml
Horizon - Lead Designer | a.k.a. Raf